Welcome - Bienvenidos!

Moonlight Cookie Art specializes in molded cookie art. This is where I will do my best to post new cookies and cooke information.
Click this link to shop MoonLight Cookies online Etsy cookie store:

Monday, February 27, 2012

Birthday Cookies

 My beautiful mom on her 73 birthday!  Flying pig with amethyst wings cookie. I went out to CA to celebrate her birthday and we spent a lovely day together, then came home for cake and coffee. A short but wonderful visit. She is my best friend and I always miss her when I leave and we visit often via phone. We have become much closer over the years and now I cannot imagine a week of not speaking to each other. New cookie designs and more on the way. My tip today regarding the molded cookies: keep the molds in the refrigerator until ready to use and in between use. The dough comes out much easier when the molds are cold. In the winter, no need to chill the dough - it just makes it harder to press into the molds. In the summer I keep the molds and dough in a flip top cooler as I use them.  

I have always believed that since cold air is heavier and sinks, trunk style cold storage units with the lid at the top make more sense. The cold air stays at the bottom, rather than falling out each time a fridge door is opened. 



No comments:

Post a Comment